IGN and Gamespot have released two new previews, with a selection of brand new screenshots. IGN focused on compulsive shopping, whilst Gamespot featured a guide to robbery and home invasion.
- CJ can play basketball to keep fit.
- The better CJ looks, the more positive comments he'll recieve from passing pedestrians, and the more respect he'll earn.
- After gaining a certain level of respect, you can wear gang colors.
- Whilst wearing gang colours will increase your respect level from fellow gang members, rival gangs and police will identify you much quicker, and attack.
- Some missions require you to wear particular clothing, in order to succeed.
- You can keep all of the clothes that you buy. This can be done by searching through your closet in the safe house. This also gives you the ability to mix and match different clothing.
IGN also released 7 brand new screenshots. Be sure to check them out here.
- CJ can break into homes, steal valuables, and sell them to a fence.
- Robbing homes is almost like the new "R3" missions. Holding down the right analog stick, when in the necessary vehicle(s), will toggle these missions.
- You can purchase a ski mask or a balaclava for robbing homes. (Both are available for purchase at a local sporting shop, for a reasonable price).
- You'll be able to obtain better and more expensive goods at rich homes in Vinewood/Rodeo, although robbing smaller homes, is much easier, and not as risky.
- Robbery missions may only take place at night.
- If you rob a home during the middle of the night, chances are you'll find the owner sound asleep. If not, make sure he doesn't get to his telephone and call the police. You can also enter homes through the window.
- As soon as you equip yourself with a ski mask or balaclava, you'll enter into a sneaking mode, causing you to move about more quietly than usual.
- Whilst robbing, a noise meter will appear, and should that meter reach a certain level, you'll have some very un-wanted attention coming your way.
- Rockstar confirmed that San Andreas will feature some
new audio technology, making for realistic contextual audio distortions.
Be sure to check out the batch of screenshots that Gamespot released, here. Remember to read more for a more in-depth summary of the shopping areas in Los Santos.
Related Links: Gamespot, IGN