Last week we brought you some news on the Las Venturas preview featured in the novemeber issue of EGM. Now we bring you the full summary.
|You first see it as a smudge of apocalyptic pink on the desert horizon. But cruise closer to Las Venturas on your soft seated wayfarer--San Andreas version of a classic luxury touring cycle from the early 90's--and the smoldering simmer resolves into sprawling neon boulevards decked with nods to past GTAs.|
- Electronic Gaming Monthly (Novemeber)
- Rockstar have based the famous neon cowboy figure on Vice City's Avery Carrington. There is also a billboard featuring Candy Suxxx.
- The "V-Rock Casino" is San Andreas' version of the famous Hard Rock Café.
- Rockstar have added many famous landmarks to Las Venturas, some of which include: Caligula's Palace (Caesar's Palace), the Visage (The Mirage), Pirates in Men's Pants (Treasure Island), and the Pink Swan (The Flamingo).
- You can enter 'most' of the casinos. You can gamble at anytime of the day.
- Within the casinos, you can play blackjack, craps, slots, roulette, video poker, wheel of fortune and more.
- Different casinos offer different gaming options.
- You must earn respect before gambling with the 'big boys'.
- Cesar's full name is "Cesar Vialpando", and he's a proud member of the Varrios Los Aztecas (A Los Santos gang).
- Las Venturas features "drunken Elvis impersonators"!
- The casino interiors are incredible - marbled walls, detailed carpets and chandeliers.
The preview contained various new screenshots of all three cities:
- Security guard inside a casino, with 'pit bosses' in the background.
- A Las Venturas street, with flashing lights and the neon figure of Avery Carrington.
- CJ driving down a Las Venturas street, with flashing lights and casinos behind him.
- Elvis impersonators inside a casino.
- CJ inside "Victim", a clothing store in Rodeo, Los Santos.
- CJ Playing the slot machines.
- San Andreas' version of Treasure Island.
- Some cars lined up outside a city casino.
- CJ riding a sanchez, outside the Garden Bridge (San Andreas version of the Oakland Bay Bridge).
- CJ and his brother 'Sweet' on BMX bicycles.
- A gang battle in Los Santos involving the Grove Street Families.
- CJ inside his Los Santos home.
Go out and buy a copy!