Some new details have emerged in the latest issue of US magazine GamePro. GamePro previewed the same missions we have heard about many times before, so most of these details are minor, and aren't particularly mind-blowing. See for yourself:
- One of the billboards seen during the demo advertised "Shark Credit Cards," while others advertised "Pirate Music" and "The Whiz" ("The Whiz" is the type of phone that Niko uses.)
- The HUD is described as "minimalist to its core." There is a mini-map, a "low-key" cash counter, and they say that the HUD in general looks more clean than in previous GTAs.
- The magazine states that Ammu-Nation no longer exists. A lot of other magazines spoke about new methods of obtaining weapons, but until now, none of them actually confirmed whether Ammu-Nation still exists.
- The rocket launcher will return (what would a GTA game be without one?)
- One of the female pedestrians screams "this s*** is bananas!" from her vehicle.
- A fare meter appears on-screen as soon as Niko enters a cab, and the camera pans around it as it drives.
- The little green guy on crosswalks is crisp and clear.
- Clothing in GTA IV is described as "customizable, and also realistic." So no more leopard cowboy hats we presume?
- On shooting, the magazine states that: "the cover system borrows elements of Gears of War, and Rainbow Six: Las Vegas." It also says that "the aiming is a Resident Evil 4, over the shoulder style."
Thanks to ryuclan for taking the time to summarise the article. For discussion on this preview, visit GTAForums.