Official PlayStation Magazine (UK) is the latest magazine to review Grand Theft Auto IV, after being granted special access to play the game for several days last month. The review contains the same screenshots that were in OXM's review (plus a couple of new ones) and the final score given by OPM is also the same - an impressive 10 out of 10.
Here are some of the main points from the review worth mentioning (spoilers ahead):
- One of the reasons Niko goes to Liberty City is to track down the man who betrayed his old army unit.
- Cars no longer catch fire at the slightest provocation.
- There are several points at which you make life or death decisions between key cast members.
- Comedy clubs feature real comedians.
- "Michelle" is the first girl that Niko hooks up with.
- Dimitiri Rascalov is Mikhail Faustin's right hand man.
- "Other uses of the phone on missions include calling a target to make him come to the window and into Niko's sniper sight."
- There is a museum called the Libertonian museum, which features dinosaur fossils and exploding vases. Environments such as these have been created specifically for shootouts, so there's plenty of cover.
- The name of every radio station is revealed:
- WKTT - We Know The Truth (right wing talk radio)
- San Juan Sounds (latin)
- Integrity 2.0 (speech, hosted by Lazlow)
- Liberty City Hardcore (punk/hardcore)
- Liberty Rock Radio 97.8 (classic rock)
- The Vibe 98.8 (soul/R'n'B)
- PLR - Public Liberty Radio (call-in speech)
- The Classics 104.1 (old-skool hip-hop)
- Jazz Nation Radio 108.5 (jazz)
- Vladivostok FM (eastern european)
- Radio Broker (alt rock)
- Tuff Gong Radio (reggae/dub)
- Electro Choc (dance)
- Massive B Soundsystem 96.9 (dance hall)
- IF99 - International Funk (funk)
- The Beat 102.7 (contemporary hip-hop)
- K109 The Studio (disco)
- Fusion FM
- The Journey (ambient/chillout)
Thanks to raidenraider2006 from the forums for providing these details.