IGN has given Grand Theft Auto IV a 10/10 - the first such rating to be given in almost ten years. Quite simply, they call it "one of the best games" they have ever seen.
- GTA taken to the next level - in a sense of technological progression and also sophistication.
- Liberty City is a gem to behold. New York expressed in a true Grand Theft Auto style.
- A level of integration between the soundtrack and the dynamics makes this a true "living, breathing city."
- The game deserves the highest score IGN can award, because it doesn't fail to push video gaming to another level.
- Storyline involves morality choices faced by players, giving way to alternative plot endings.
- One of the best integrations of multiplayer in a game, that the reviewer has ever seen.
A 4-minute video review shows some beautiful gameplay footage as well as providing a summary of the full written review. Even if you decide to spare yourself the 7-page read, check out the video review. IGN can barely contain their excitement. We're looking forward to the verdicts the other major outlets will be providing over the weekend.
Seeing as many still haven't had a chance to play the game, I don't want to summarize too much, and let everyone savour the gameplay when they have their chance with it. Suffice to say; much like Grand Theft Auto III represented a paradigm shift in videogaming, GTA IV continues to push the boundaries of what is possible to achieve with a video game.