The patch promised by Rockstar Games last Saturday is now available. Start your game and connect to LIVE to trigger the download. The patch is 32.6MB, takes a few minutes to install, and contains a variety of fixes including the following:
- A fix to the crash after legal screen that some German customers were reporting.
- Numerous improvements to the video editor: Smarter naming of videos, improved rendering quality, better fx during replays.
- Fix to bowling while using certain sensitive mice.
- Fix for ATI 1900 shadows.
- Overall savings to memory.
- Graphic improvements to particle systems and mirrors.
- Multiplayer character settings are preserved.
- Support for DirectInput controllers.
Rockstar have stated on our forum that they are "going to keep supporting GTA IV PC for a long time," and that we can "expect additional fixes/improvements in the future."
Related Link: GTAForums.com: Patch Released.
(UPDATE) Some users are experiencing an issue with the patch that causes the camera to spin or get stuck. Click here for details of a temporary solution.