I know a lot of PC gamers are eagerly awaiting news on how well GTA 4 is selling on the PC. Unfortunately according to the latest NPD weekly charts not all that well in the US. It appears that GTA 4 in the US has only debuted at number 7 in the charts :-:
1. World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King - Blizzard
2. Spore - EA Maxis
3. The Sims 2 Deluxe - EA Maxis
4. Call Of Duty: World At War - Treyarch
5. Fallout 3 - Bethesda
6. The Sims 2 Apartment Life Exp. Pack - EA Maxis
7. Grand Theft Auto IV - Rockstar Games
8. Left 4 Dead - Valve
9. Far Cry 2 - Ubisoft Montreal
10. The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff Exp. - EA Maxis
It is important to remember that this is for the US only and does not include sales made from other channels such as steam or D2D
Source : Actiontrip.com.
UPDATE :- Some more charts are trickling in here GTA 4 for the PC is Number 3 in the steam charts only beaten by the Almighty Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2 (which is currently available for $10). So a pretty strong presence from GTA 4 on steam. Then we just need to look at the D2D charts and GTA 4 is Numero Uno, that's right it is Number One on D2D. This is inspite of it being a fairly hefty download (14gbs) and it is yet a further indication of the direction that the PC market is heading. So not all doom and gloom as the NPD would indicate. Many thanks to Adriaan at grandtheftauto.ign.com for finding these updated charts.