Here it is, the moment we've all been waiting for - GTA Online gameplay video reveal.
Check out all the new released screenshots as well!
New screenshots in our gallery!
Share your thoughts and reactions over at GTAForums!
- Players can invest in their character through customizing their appearance, improving their stats, owning customized vehicles, purchasing personal property, choosing their favourite weapons and vehicles and taking part in missions, jobs and activities.
- Players have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or compete in traditional game modes.
- As progress is achieved through the world of GTA Online, players will be introduced to new characters, missions, rewards and such.
- A maximum of 16 players can be active at any one time as part of an online universe of hundreds of thousands competing to earn Reputation Points (RP), money and almost limitless material acquisition.
- As you speak into your headset, your GTA Online character will lip-sync broadly in time. When robbing a store, AI characters will react to the urgency in your voice, stuffing money more quickly in the bag.
- The Content Creator will allow players to create and share their own missions and activities via the Social Club cloud. Other players can beat your target times and scores, then rate your mission. You can even choose which creators you want to follow and curate your favourite missions.
- The Feed, a twitter-like program, appears on screen to relay all your emails, texts and messages from Social Club.
- Rockstar has no plans to sell Grand Theft Auto Online separately, and it doesn't require a code, online pass, or anything like that.
- The world of Grand Theft Auto Online will constantly grow and change as new content is added, and at some stage GTA Online will head into new locations. Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st.
- Your ranking will be based off of shooting, driving, parachuting and flying skills.
- People can access their data through Social Club and via their iPhones or iPads.
- There is a mode called "passive mode" which means you can't shoot people and they can't shoot you.
- A "Bad Sport" stat will be given for bad behaviour such as blowing up another player's car, and if it's done persistently you will be punished.
- if your multiplayer character at Max Payne 3 had a high level, it will be carried over to GTA: Online for more bonuses that you will unlock.
- Matchmaking is based off of ranking, so it prioritizes your friends' rankings, crewmembers' rankings and even strangers so that when you need people, you know who to get.
- GTA Online tracks who your rivals are and lets you know when they've come online so you can get some revenge on them.
- You can assemble a team from your friends list, or recruit according to specialist skills. As you rob a liquor store or perform a heist, the team member that does the job gets the cash and can choose how much to share.
- It's possible to spread the wealth by sharing cash, weapons and ammo among your team. In turn, they can 'defect' and try to steal your cash.
- You can pick up your phone to 'ring' friends in single player and invite them into your world. Your friends will be listed under 'Contacts' on your phone.
- Set up challenges and post it to the Social Club and players can try and beat your score, if they beat your score -- you give them cash.
- You start GTA: Online arriving to Los Santos pennyless and you must complete a few missions first to get a feel of the online.
- There will be loads of property to buy at different prices, according to their views and location. You can use your in-house CCTV to spy on people at your front door, or take showers, surf the net, change clothes and watch the game's many TV channels.
- You can take out insurance and ring for a replacement car if yours gets destroyed.
- You can pay a personal mechanic to fix your cars automatically, or deliver them to any location.
- You can also check any vehicle's stats for speed, handling etc, before making your choice to purchase.
- You can watch real-time events such as police chases on your TV moments after you see them speed past your house.
- Your custom cars show as markers on the map and get impounded if you leave them too long. You can pay to retrieve them.
- You will be able to deposit your money into your bank account as often as you can. When another player kills you, they can snatch the wallet right from your dead body.
- You can switch between single player and online mode by selecting your multiplayer avatar from the character wheel.
- Passengers will be able to change the in-car radio, via a radio selection wheel similar to the weapons wheel.
- You will have contacts available at anytime that will provide different services on or off mission, as you rank higher you will have access to characters with new and stronger abilities. Examples of such are being hidden from the radar and setting a bounty on another player if you're being chased.
- If you steal a vehicle, you can spray and change the plates. Some vehicle customisation businesses might not be willing to do that and you may get a wanted level.
- Weasel News will pick up people that have got wanted levels.
- There is a planning room in people's apartments.
- If you are in a heist and need some help, you can invite your friends and they will be teleported to you instantly.
- The experience is seamless between transitions for free-roam and missions.
- You can call up a private security firm to bring in an airstrike, i.e. destroy street races.